The Saskatchewan Barley Development Commission (SaskBarley) was established in 2013 and is led by a producer-elected Board of Directors from across Saskatchewan. SaskBarley’s purpose is to increase the production and value of barley for both the producer and consumer.
To ensure barley is a long term, profitable and internationally competitive
crop choice for Saskatchewan producers.
To identify, develop and support research, market development,
and extension initiatives that ensure the long-term profitability and
sustainability of barley for Saskatchewan producers.
• Being accountable to registered producers
• Developing and maintaining collaborative relationships with
organizations that share common objectives
• Identifying and leveraging available resources
• Communicating best management practices for barley production
• Advocating on behalf of registered producers
• Maintaining and enhancing Canada’s brand for quality
• Demonstrating transparency and good governance