Monday July 20, 2015
10:00 am – 4:30 pm
The Saskatoon Inn & Conference Centre
2002 Airport Drive, Saskatoon, SK, Canada S7L 6M4
Looking forward, the number one issue that farmers face across Saskatchewan continues to be reliable grain movement . As producers, we are export dependant. We need to get our product out to the customer when they want it if we are to truly grow Saskatchewan’s agricultural economy. What will it take to get us there?
The Agricultural Producers Association of Saskatchewan (APAS), Saskatchewan Wheat Development Commission and Saskatchewan Barley Development Commission are hosting a one-day forum for Saskatchewan producers.
The primary objective of this event is to focus on the path forward for grain transportation:
- Understand the current state of the rail situation in Saskatchewan
- Provide an overview of the growth in demand for rail services in Saskatchewan due to our growing economy
- Understand rail investment strategy to grow capacity
- Review the USA Northern Great Plains rail transportation situation and lessons learned
- Understand the current Canadian Transportation Act (CTA) review process and early learning’s
- Understand how the Maximum Revenue Entitlement works
- Identify changes needed to build rail capacity and efficiency for Western Canada
Confirmed presenters include:
- Terry Whiteside – Whiteside & Associates
- Saskatchewan Chamber of Commerce
- Murad Al-Katib – Special Advisor to the CTA Review Panel
- Mary-Jane Bennett – Transportation consultant and Research Fellow at the Frontier Centre for Public Policy
- Mark Hemmes – Quorum Corporation
- Richard Gray – Bioresource Policy, Business and Economics, U of S
- John Edsforth – Travacon Research Ltd.
- Greg Northey – Ag Transport Coalition
- Additional speakers TBA
- View the Agenda Here – Farmers’ Forum Agenda
Registration deadline is July 10th
Register online at www.apas.ca or Download Registration form here – 2015 Registration form Farmers Forum
Registration is $50 in advance or $75 at the door. Registration includes refreshments, lunch & a free pass for the Ag in Motion Show.