Research is a core business function of SaskBarley. Working collaboratively with other commissions and research organizations, SaskBarley seeks to leverage research investment dollars to increase profitability of barley production for Saskatchewan producers.
• Increase yield gains and agronomic efficiencies
• Enhance desirable market quality characteristics
• Establish best management practices
• Assess and quantify barley research capacity (in both variety development and agronomy) to fill gaps in information
• Explore future barley research and development paths
• Leverage SaskBarley funds with other organizations to maximize research opportunities and potential
See a list of our current and completed research investments