The Saskatchewan Barley Development Commission (SaskBarley) is a farmer-directed, not-for-profit organization representing approximately 7000 producers in Saskatchewan. Our mission is to ensure the long-term profitability and sustainability of barley for Saskatchewan producers.
As such, we are introducing a scholarship program to invest in promising university students who are carrying out university-level research that can help us achieve our organizational goals.
We are offering two scholarships for the 2019 year:
- PHD/Graduate level scholarship — $5,000/yr
- Undergraduate level — $2,000/yr
These scholarships are open to any post-secondary students enrolled in part- or full-time studies focused specifically on barley research.
Students that meet the eligibility criteria mentioned above are invited to apply for either the undergraduate or graduate-level scholarship by submitting the following:
- A one-page summary of their research project(s), outlining how the research will: help ensuring barley is a long term, profitable and internationally competitive crop choice for Saskatchewan producers; increase the production and value of barley for both the producer and consumer; and support either the food, feed, malt or industrial uses of barley.
- An accompanying letter from an academic supervisor, confirming the research
- A current CV
Please note: Funding is for one year, but can be renewed.
- Applications open: April 31, 2019
- Application deadline: June 30, 2019
- Successful recipients will be notified by August 30, 2019 and payments will be made in September 2019.
To apply, or for more information, please contact:
SaskBarley Communications Manager